[mrtg] Graphing interface errors

mchandler at solutions.canon.com mchandler at solutions.canon.com
Thu Jun 22 23:15:46 MEST 2006

I've searched and searched and I've found references to how to do this, but
not a good example.  I found this:

Target[myrouter]: ifInErrors.1&ifOutErrors.1:public{at}myrouter

but just adding that to my cfg (filled in with the pertinent information of
course) does not provide anything but grief.  mrtg complains about errors.
I guess what I'm looking for is some sort of template so that I can graph
incoming and outgoing interface errors for each interface on my Cisco
routers and switches.  Is there a simple way to do this?

Thanks.

Mel Chandler, A+, Network+, MCSE, MCDBA, Master CNE, CCNA
Network Engineer
Information Technology
Canon Business Solutions
(310) 217-3893

GCS d--- s+: a C++ UL++++ P+ L++ E W+++ N++ o+ K- w+
O- M-- V- PS PE+ Y+ PGP+ t+ 5+ X+ R tv+ b- DI++++ D++
G e++ h-- r y+