[mrtg] MRTG and Stale Data??

John M. Krumenacker krums at bplnoc.com
Fri Jun 30 22:23:43 MEST 2006

Good Day All,

I have a perplexing problem that has reared it's head and frankly I am
stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It appears that all my
MRTG values are reporting the exact same numbers for the past 12 hours
(stale values).

For example: router1 has traffic flowing on fa0/0 at 350kb/10kb for the
last 12 hours. No Dips, No increases, just steadily the same. This is in
fact not the case in "real life".

Running MRTG Version 2.14.3
Fedora Core 5
snmpd is running.
rebooted the MRTG system (just in case)

There are no errors to speak of in the logs. All looks normal as can be.

MRTG is running, and updating the pages with systemuptime, but that is
all. I have checked to see if there were any persistent lock files
in /var/lock/mrtg and there were none. It seems the values that I am
attempting to collect for MRTG have become stale because it reports the
same value for the last 12 hours.

I am fully able to perform an SNMPWALK of the units. Seems all the
community strings are still in tact and answering to the SNMPWALK
anyway.

If you would like I can send you a PM with the link to the webpages and
you can see what I am seeing if it would help you perhaps have any idea.

Thanks sooo much for any help you may be able to provide.