[mrtg] Re: cfgmaker and indexmaker....

Aaron Clasby skitzsofrenick at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 21:27:36 MEST 2006

You want to query all of the devices and ports at the same time while
not over writing a previous config?

/usr/bin/cfgmaker --ifref=descr --global 'WorkDir: /home/mrtg/html'
--global 'Options[_]: bits,growright' --output /home/mrtg/cfg/mrtg.cfg
string at 10.10.10.1 string at 10.10.10.2

...just keep adding all the strings and ips of each of the units you
want to query.

--Aaron

On 3/20/06, sbranam at coronado.k12.ca.us <sbranam at coronado.k12.ca.us> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a number of cisco boxes I am trying to monitor.
> I ran this command.....
> /usr/bin/cfgmaker --global 'Workdir: /srv/www/htdocs/mrtg'
> --subdirs=HOSTNAME --global 'Options[_]: growright' --community=public
> --show-op-down --ifref=descr --ifdesc=ip
> --output=/usr/local/mrtg/mrtg.cfg
>
>  with all my ip addresses listed after spaced out.
> I got everything to work, but when i run indexmaker, I don't get 1
> index.html flie showing all the ports on the one device.
>
> If i run the cfg maker seperately against each box, then run
> indexmaker, I get a main index.html showing all the ports onone page.
>
> How can I do this with my setup?
>
> I've read and read the info but I don't see anywhere I can do this.
>
> thanks!
> Sean
>

> --

Aaron Clasby