[mrtg] Re: Ignoring Negative Deltas

Hector Herrera mail4hh at pobox.com
Thu May 11 09:14:19 MEST 2006

Hi Tobias,

Thank you, your explanation actually makes sense with the data I am
seeing.  My counter is 24 bits, so when it rolls over, MRTG is
assuming a larger rollover than it should.

In this case, the best option is to modify MRTG to allow changing the
size of the counter.  I can do that.   Hmmm ... now to think of a way
to tell the difference between a roll over and a counter reset.  And
that's what the value of MAXBYTES is for.

That makes so much sense, if I change the counter size, then I am able
to chose a MAXBYTES value that will make sense.

Thanks

--
Hector
Pier Programming Services Ltd.