[mrtg] Antwort: Re: Problem with monitoring an OID

t.klein at sicom-ag.de t.klein at sicom-ag.de
Mon May 22 20:28:38 MEST 2006

Hello,
seems to be a good tip....... Have to wait a couple of minutes, until i
see a value in the graph, but at least MRTG doesn't crash at startup.

Thank you for your fast and good answer!

Regards
Thomas

Christopher Noyes <cnoyes at csc.com>
22.05.2006 19:36

An
t.klein at sicom-ag.de
Kopie
mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch, mrtg-bounce at list.ee.ethz.ch
Thema
Re: [mrtg] Problem with monitoring an OID

Hello,

   I think you need to have two OID's in there.  It seem to recall that
from when I was setting up monitoring for backplane utilization on a 6509
(I simply put the OID in twice).  I also think it is mentioned in the
on-line documentation.

-Chris Noyes

t.klein at sicom-ag.de
Sent by: mrtg-bounce at list.ee.ethz.ch
05/22/2006 01:11 PM

mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
cc

Subject
[mrtg] Problem with monitoring an OID

Hello there,
i am monitoring our Bintec-Router with MRTG. No problem so far, works
quite good. I used cfgmaker for the first cfg-File an did some editing on
it, for working more in that way I want it.

Now i want to monitor the variable for the currently open IPSEC-Channels.
The OID for this is .1.3.6.1.4.1.272.4.26.10.36.0
With a small tool called snmpget.exe i can make a query to my router, and
i get the right answer for the asked value.

Now i went to my MRTG-Configuration, by setting up a now query. I filled
in in the target line:

Target[ipsecchannelsopen]: .1.3.6.1.4.1.272.4.26.10.36.0:public at ipadress

in hope to get this work. But it failed with this answer:

ERROR: Target[172.1.0.20_ipsecchannelsopen][_IN_]
'.1.3.6.1.4.1.272.4.26.10.36.
$target->[0]{$mode} ' evaluated to ' ??????-É??
$0' instead of a number
ERROR: Target[172.1.0.20_ipsecchannelsopen][_OUT_]
'.1.3.6.1.4.1.272.4.26.10.36.
$target->[0]{$mode} ' evaluated to ' ??????-É??
$0' instead of a number

I don't know where actually my problem is, I suppose that anything in my
MRTG configuration is wrong, because the snmpget Utility gives out the
right value by accessing the OID, so the OID must be correct, too. MRTG
doesn't seem to get a number answered by the router, because of this, i
think, i got this message. Now i have finished, did some tests but nothing
went better.

Perhaps has anyone a solution for me?

Thanks a lot.....

Regargds