[mrtg] Re: Problems with cfgmaker using SNMPv3

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Tue Nov 21 16:24:19 MET 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-21 at 14:13 +0000, Dunc wrote:
> Daniel J McDonald wrote:
> > On Tue, 2006-11-21 at 10:06 +0000, Dunc wrote:
> >

> Many thanks for your response Daniel, I applied those changes, but now I
> get an even worse error:-
>

> diameter ~ # cfgmaker --global 'WorkDir: /tmp/mrtg_output' --global
> 'Options[_]: bits,growright' --enablesnmpv3=yes --snmp-options=::1:1::3
> --username=snmpv3test --authpassword=authpasswd --authprotocol=sha
> --privpassword=encryptionpasswd 127.0.0.1
> Undefined subroutine &main::snmpmapOID called at /usr/bin/cfgmaker line
> 1482.
> diameter ~ #
>
> Am I perhaps missing other patches too?

snmpv3 support requires the Net::SNMP module as well.

> I now realise I was specifying the argument wrong before anyway, but the
> 2nd part of that patch has made me realise, so I think what I have above
> now is actually the correct way to do it. Can you confirm this?

Yes.  The enablesnmpv3 keyword is optional, but it looks correct.  The
default --privprotocol is des, and I normally specify that for
completeness, but it should work without it.

>   Also
> how should I go about fixing the new error

assuming linux: rpm -ivh perl-Net-SNMP

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281, CNX
Austin Energy