[mrtg] Re: snmp version

Johannes Prost Johannes at yorktondigital.ca
Sat Oct 21 23:49:01 MEST 2006

Am 21 Oct 2006 um 22:41 hat Michael Schwartzkopff geschrieben:

> Am Samstag, 21. Oktober 2006 20:48 schrieb Johannes Prost:
> (...)
> > Michael,
> >
> > I tried the following command in a dos box to create mrtg.cfg
> >
> > perl cfgmaker public at webserver --global "workdir: D:\dir1\dir2" --
> > output mrtg.cfg
> >
> > The result was (only the main part)
> >
> > snmp error
> > no response received
> > snmpv1_session<remote host........>
> > at D:\mrtg\bin..\lib\mrtg2/snmp_util.pm line 627
> > snmpwalk problem for 1.3.6.1.2.1.1 on public at webserver ::::v4only
> > at cfgmaker line 918
> >
> > What is a good editor with line # for windows ? I guess I need one as
> > I don't want to count..:):)
> >
> > Any ideas what this could be ?
> > I tried your command, but as new as I am to this, from where should I
> > start the command ? location ?
> >
> > Johannes
>
> Sorry, but I cannot help you with this OS. I have experiance with the OS where
> stuff is really working ...
>
> Michael.

Sorry too,

I still have an OS ( NT4)where stuff is working. :):)
Just to let you guy's know, I got it working. 2 Points I had not
correct.
1. I didn't had set a trap host
2. I guess same important, I had put in the hostname instead of IP in
the configuration.

With the change to IP I was able to get results with GetIf and the
first mrtg graph, as I am still walking in "babysteps" is nicely
coming along as well.

Thank's for the response.
Johannes

PS> One thing though. Every time I sent a message to the list, I get
e message back from the Gateway, saying that my message couldn't be
delivered. Here the body of the message
Sorry. Your message could not be delivered to:

mrtg,Nerds In The Know (The name was not found at the remote site.
Check
that the name has been entered correctly.)