[mrtg] traffic on particular port

Johannes Prost Johannes at yorktondigital.ca
Thu Oct 26 23:34:31 MEST 2006

Hi All,

I have the following simple cfg file and get a problem with snmp as
it seems. This is snmp on NT

the cfg file with the relevant part

PageTop[web-80]: <h2><font face="lucida console" color=#228B22>HTTP
Traffic on port 80</h2></font>
Target[web-80]: 80:community at 192.168.100.20:
MaxBytes[web-80]: 12500000
Options[web-80]: growright, bits, integer, nobanner

SNMP tries to look for an OID as I get the following output to the
screen ( partly noted down)

snmpget problem for ifinoctets.80ifoutoctets.80 sysuptime sysname on
community at 192.168.100.20.........

If I define port 1 in the above sample, I have no problems. No matter
which other port I try, it is the same problem.
As you guys are more familiar as me newbie, where should I look for
the problem in snmp ?
It's not a mrtg particular question so, I hope I can still ask this
here.

Any help would be appreciate.

Johannes