[mrtg] Re: Bits vs Bytes

Eric Brander eric_mailing_list at rednarb.com
Wed Sep 6 18:10:07 MEST 2006

Doug Loskot (IT) wrote:
> I have a graphs that continues to show in bytes vs bits even after I
> have added the Options[_]: bits to the cfg file.  I have rebooted the
> server and I still get the graphs in bytes vs bytes.  Other devices are
> showing bits but not one particular cisco 7204 router.
>

> I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Doug,

The [_] parameters mean that those items there are defaults if no other
exists under each target.  If you have Options[_]: bits and then later
down you have Options[targetx]: growright,nolegend then targetx will use
the target specific options and ignore the [_] options. I'm guessing
this might be causing your problem but I could be wrong - past the cfg
if you continue to have an issue.

HTH,

Eric Brander