[mrtg] Re: MRTG and ExtremeNetworks 1G/10G switches?

Pavel Ruzicka pavouk at pavouk.org
Mon Sep 11 01:04:08 MEST 2006

Hi,

> anyone gotten MRTG to work properly in displaying traffic statistics
> of ExtremeNetworks switches?

No, but it works perfectly on a Cisco routers and switches.

> I was trying it with Summit X450 over snmp v2c and v3, but resulting
> Mbit/s rates are completely wrong. But maybe someone managed to get it to
> work?

Maybe you have not enabled SNMPv2 and 64bit gauges in a MRTG.
You can add ":::::2" on end of target like this:
Target[router.isp.cz_GigabitEthernet14_0_0]:
\GigabitEthernet14/0/0:community at router.isp.cz:::::2
If you use cfgmaker, you can add this option to cfgmaker:
--snmp-options=:::::2

If you use SNMPv1 and 32bit gauges on highspeed interfaces, your traffic
will be measured to about 112Mbps in 5 minute intervals.

Best regards,

Pavel Ruzicka