[mrtg] An @ symbol in snmp community

Daniel Rose drose at nla.gov.au
Mon Sep 25 02:22:03 MEST 2006

Hi everyone,

I looked in the archive for other reports of this problem, but found
none.

Suppose you have a host 1.2.3.4, with the snmp community 'password'.
Cfgmaker will generate a mrtg.conf containing the string

password at 1.2.3.4

and mrtg will run properly.

However, is the community is 'P at ssw0rd', the config file contains

P at ssw0rd@1.2.3.4

And mrtg complains that it can't resolve the host "ssw0rd"

I tried a manual edit to P\@ssw0rd at 1.2.3.4 to no avail, then decided it
was easier to change the community on the router than to adjust the mrtg
perl script, so sadly I have no code to contribute, I can only point out
the problem.

--
Daniel Rose
Business Systems Support