[mrtg] Installing MRTG on Windows 98

Nelson Lin nelson_netcraft at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 26 04:54:24 CEST 2007

Hi,

I've tried removing the first line but fail again..
Any suggestion is highly apprepiated!
Nelson

From: RLawson at mcoe.orgTo: nelson_netcraft at hotmail.comSubject: RE: [mrtg] Installing MRTG on Windows 98Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 08:44:11 -0700

Hi,
Took a look at your config file.  You may want to remove the very first reference to ‘WorkDir:’ listed in the .cfg file.

If you don’t want to remove it, then you should probably put a ‘#’ in front of it to comment it out.  Other than that the config looks okay.

Try that, and if I notice anything else I will respond with that as well.

Regards,
Ramika

From: nelson_netcraft at hotmail.com [mailto:nelson_netcraft at hotmail.com] Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 8:53 AMTo: rlawson at mcoe.orgSubject: RE: [mrtg] Installing MRTG on Windows 98

Sure. The software is monitor a Cisco router with ip address 192.168.5.3. The cfg file is generated using the following commandperl cfgmaker public at 192.168.5.3 --global "WorkDir: c:\www\mrtg" --output mrtg.cfgAttached please find the config file mentioned.Many thanks for your kind assistance! :) Nelson

From: RLawson at mcoe.orgTo: nelson_netcraft at hotmail.comSubject: [mrtg] Installing MRTG on Windows 98Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 08:11:12 -0700

Are you monitoring network equipment or computers?  If network equipment, then are you specifying an interface or ip address for snmp? Could you share what you use for confgmaker before your ‘perl mrtg mrtg.cfg’ line…

Regards,

Ramika Lawson
Rl3atmaildotcom