[mrtg] mrtg and cisco 6509, 4006 switches

Lee Todd ltodd2 at hallmark-uk.com
Fri Aug 10 09:31:05 CEST 2007

Warren

Tried this and still get the same errors.  I used the following line:

perl cfgmaker --ifref=descr <removed>@172.16.x.x --global "WorkDir:
c:\www\htdocs\mrtg\WC1-6500" --global "options[_]: growright,bits" --global
"RunAsDaemon: Yes" >WC1-6500.cfg

The above is 2 dashes on all global's.  Any more ideas?

Regards

Lee Todd
Hallmark Cards Plc

             "Klaus, Warren"
             <Warren.Klaus at str
             asburger.com>                                              To
                                       "Lee Todd" <ltodd2 at hallmark-uk.com>
             03/08/2007 16:13                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [mrtg] mrtg and cisco 6509,
                                       4006 switches

I was wrong in stating double-quotes around the --global variable...below
is how I would run the cfgmaker command line.

cfgmaker --ifref=descr <removed>@172.16.x.x --global "WorkDir:
c:\www\htdocs\mrtg\WC1-6500" --global "RunAsDaemon: Yes"

Here is the text from the cfgmaker document in the /mrtg/mrtg/docs
directory.
--global ``bla: abc''

Use this to add global options to the generated config file. You can call
--global several times to add multiple options. The line will appear in the
configuration just before the config for the next router appearing on the
command line.
 --global "workdir: /home/mrtg"

If you want some default Options you might want to put

 --global "options[_]: growright,bits"

Specifying --global after the last router on the command line will create a
line in the configuration file which will appear after all the routers.

As far as the "\" goes, in perl, it is treated as an escape character, so
if you need to use "\", use two...
C:\\home\\mrtg   or c:\\rrdtool\\rrdtool

It's referenced in one of the /mrtg/mrtg/docs documents or in the
routers2.cgi file...I just don't recall at the moment.