[mrtg] Mrtg how can i monitor cpu and memory

Gaurav Ghimire gaurav at subisu.net.np
Wed Aug 15 11:15:48 CEST 2007

Hi there,

you can use the MIBs such as

ssCpuRawUser.0 , ssCpuRawSystem.0  , ssCpuRawNice.0 [for   cpu usage]

they define the cpu consumed by and user processes, system processes and
Nice processes respectively.. just add them using target arithmetic as

memAvailReal.0 and memTotalReal.0 [ I think these are the MIBs for memory]

these are the mibs for the total memory available and total physical
memory on the host respectively

for more on this just see the UCD-SNMP-MIB.txt

Target[cpu]: ssCpuRawuser.0&ssCpuRawUser.0:string at host +
ssCpuRawSystem.0&ssCpuRawSystem.0:string at host + other MIBs and so on i
hope you'll get it...

For bringing all the other graphs in a single page...just do some html
work in the index page thats all ;)

Regards,
--
Gaurav Ghimire