[mrtg] Router uptime

Stefano Giraldo stefano at neotokyo3.it
Wed Aug 15 14:40:13 CEST 2007

Hi,
some routers release the uptime value in hours or worse in seconds, so your
graphs could be a little bit wrong... ;)

So, I wrote these scripts to get the uptime, it use the uptime value taken
from a graph page (at which time <router> had been up for XX days).

Retriving script

#!/bin/bash
UP=$(fgrep time /your_path/graph_page.html | fgrep day | awk '{print $9}' |
sed 's/<B>//g')
if [ -z $UP ]
 then
  echo 0
  echo 0
  echo
  echo
 else
echo "$UP"
echo "$UP"
echo
echo
fi

Graph generator script

Target[gsr1_up]: `/var/STATS/rrd_cfg/sys/uptime/gsr1_up.sh`
SetEnv[gsr1_up]: MRTG_INT_IP="62.196.4.1" MRTG_INT_DESCR="UPTIME"
MaxBytes[gsr1_up]: 125000000
Title[gsr1_up]: Uptime for gix-gsr-gw1.ita.tip.net.
PageTop[gsr1_up]: <H1>Uptime for gix-gsr-gw1.ita.tip.net.</H1>
Options[gsr1_up]: nopercent,growright,gauge,noinfo
YLegend[gsr1_up]: Days
ShortLegend[gsr1_up]: Days
LegendI[gsr1_up]: &nbsp;Uptime:
LegendO[gsr1_up]:
Legend1[gsr1_up]: Uptime

Here the result:
http://swirl.netscalibur.it/rrd/gsr1_sys.html

Bye.

----
Stefano Giraldo

Network Operation Center
Netscalibur Italia S.p.A.
Via Caldera, 21 Building E - 20153 Milan Italy
----