[mrtg] Setup for a Sonicwall TZ190

Scott Neader scott.neader at CenturyTel.com
Tue Dec 4 18:51:58 CET 2007

Hi Josh.  I run MRTG on SonicWALLs often, so I will tell you what I do.
This assumes you are running SonicOS Enhanced on your TZ190.

1) Under System > Administration, check the box that says "Enable SNMP",
then click the "Configure.... " button.  Enter in a "Get Community
Name".  Of course, this will match what you will be using in your MRTG
config file.

2) Under Network > Interfaces, configure the interface that faces the
MRTG server.  I usually monitor SonicWALLs remotely, so I have to
configure the WAN Interface.  Under the General tab, check the box
"SNMP" next to Management and hit OK.

3) Under Firewall > WAN-to-WAN, you will see that the SonicWALL
auto-created a rule to allow SNMP through the WAN zone.  The default is
from "All" sources.  You can edit the "All" to narrow down what IP
address/range/subnet you want to allow SNMP from.

It will work, guaranteed. :-)

- Scott

  _____