[mrtg] blanc graphs with external values

Koelstra, J. (Jan) JKoelstra at MINSZW.NL
Mon Dec 10 09:45:40 CET 2007

Alvaro,

When leaving out the 'Gauge' option MRTG will treat the polled figure as a rate per second.
I know you started with this, and had no visible graph.
So I suspect the figure you get from your script is less then 300 per 5 minutes (i.e. 1 per second). MRTG rounds this down to 0 per second.
To graph low rates you can use the 'PerMinute' or "PerHour' option.

To avoid confusion when using these options you probably also have to change the legend below and beside the graphs.
See http://oss.oetiker.ch/mrtg/doc/mrtg-reference.en.html for details

HTH,

Jan.

-----Original Message-----
From: mrtg-bounces at lists.oetiker.ch [mailto:mrtg-bounces at lists.oetiker.ch] On Behalf Of Alvaro Cornejo
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2007 5:07 AM
To: 'McDonald, Dan'; mrtg at lists.oetiker.ch
Subject: Re: [mrtg] blanc graphs with external values

Hi

I added the gauge value and I got start having a graph; however, teh graph I got is an line that always goes up. It is a counter the values I need to graph,  its a values that goes allways up until the system is reseted or the maxvalue is reached.

How can I tell mrtg that the values are effectively a counter??

Regards

Alvaro