[mrtg] blank MRTG page

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Dec 11 01:54:52 CET 2007

> I am new to MRTG and have recently installed it on a FC6 box. I
> confirmed I have the graphic libraries installed. I set up a crontab;
> */5 * * * *  env LANG=C /usr/bin/mrtg  /etc/mrtg/mrtg.cfg
>
> When I go to the MRTG index page, I see the copyright and standard
> info, but no data..no graphs.

I assume that the file /etc/mrtg/mrtg.cfg actually exists, and is a
valid MRTG configuration file?  If mrtg.cfg is just a 'master' file
which includes others, do the others exist and have valid configuration
information in them?  Have you run this from the command line, as the
appropriate user, and verified that there are no error messages?  Does
the MRTG user have write permissions to the work directory?

This should give you somewhere to start.

Steve