[mrtg] Cisco ONS 15454

Willeat, Todd Todd.Willeat at Mercy.Net
Thu Dec 13 20:00:30 CET 2007

Hello all,

We have recently installed 2 Cisco ONS 15454 boxes to connect a new
OC-48. I am trying to use mrtg to monitor the OC-48 link, but when mrtg
polls for In and Out packets, it does not receive a response from the
ONS. Also, the GigE ports connecting the ONS to out Catalyst 6500
switches are being reported as 100Mb/s. I have tried using both SNMP v1
and v2 with the same results. The problem is only with the ONS boxes and
I can successfully receive information from out switches. Has anyone
been able to monitor an ONS successfully or have any suggestions on
where to look?

Thanks!

Todd A. Willeat

Senior Storage Administrator