[mrtg] Chart never moves.

Gary W. Smith gary at primeexalia.com
Mon Feb 5 17:17:39 CET 2007

Jan,

That does makes sense.  I know I encountered this problem long ago but I
just couldn't remember how to fix it.  In this case, where the interface
will only go up (soon to be TB range), what should I use for Maxbytes?
Is there a way to say nomaxbytes?

The current workaround (since the IF is limited to 10mb for this set),
is to just subtract 7fff ffff from the value in a loop until it drops to
a sane number and it seems to work.  I had to take absolute out of the
options and the subtraction method works (thought this is a very bad
kludge workaround).

I will spin up a second copy of this and try it with an arbitrarily
large Maxvalue and run them side by side for a while to compare.

Gary