[mrtg] Regarding getting actual traffic.

Gaurav Ghimire gaurav at subisu.net.np
Wed Feb 14 10:22:24 CET 2007

Dear all,

I got stuck at a poing while trying to get the actual internet traffic out
of a host in our network that has some intranet traffics too going  in and
out of the same interface. Ok here is the scenario A is the host
subscribed to both the internet and intranet via a Switch B and C are
connected to the switch too but they are subscribed to intranet only A, B
and C are all of  a same organisation and they share intranet. So what do
I have to do  if I need to get the traffic for internet only in host A
only. I know that deducting the intranet traffic from the total traffic
will solve this but how to get the values for intranet and internet
traffic. I  also know that deducting the traffic off the interfaces
connected to B and C will help a bit but if only B and C shares a high
amount of intranet that it will make the graph wrong. ANY SUGGESTIONS!!
please

Regards,

Gaurav Ghimire
Support Dept.