[mrtg] mrtg for IP

Lyle lyle at lcrcomputer.net
Sun Feb 18 16:47:27 CET 2007

Ashfaq Rahman wrote:
> Dear Sir(s),
>
> I am new in mrtg.I run a local internet service provider. I could
> implement mrtg graph in my server (in my two ethernet interface of
> that server). Is it possible to make separate MRTG graph for
> many different ip's that pass through (routed) my linux(Centos4)
> server? I beg your pardon if that question is answered earlier, I
> searched for this solution in the archive, but could not find it.
>
> Thanks a lot
> Ashfaq

This is not an mrtg problem per se.  The issue is how to get the numbers
from Centos4 that you desire.  This is not possible via SNMP(which mrtg
uses to gather the numbers that are graphed).

If you can figure out how to get the numbers, mrtg can graph it.  But
the ethernet interface won't give you those numbers, which is what mrtg
is polling using SNMP protocol via Centos4.

Lyle