[mrtg] Re: 14all.cgi speed problem

Pavel Ruzicka pavouk at k332.feld.cvut.cz
Wed Jan 24 10:33:38 MET 2007

> Anyway, I tried this approach for my config files, ranging from almost
> nothing to 500kB. The performance gain is considerable, and on a 440MHz
> T1 a full MRTG-like dynamic page (9 separate CGI-invocations) for a tar-
> get in a 450kB configuration file is displayed in 3-4 seconds. I assume
> mod_perl would speed this up another 50% or so when I get around to it.

Maybe I have badly configured Apache with mod_perl.
This is in my httpd.conf:
<Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs/mrtg/cgi-bin">
SetHandler  perl-script
PerlHandler Apache::Registry
Options +ExecCGI
</Directory>
PerlRequire /usr/local/apache/conf/start-up.pl

This is my start-up.pl file:
use CGI ();
CGI->compile(':all');
use RRDp ();
use RRDs ();
use IO::File ();
use lib qw(/usr/local/mrtg/lib/mrtg2);
use MRTG_lib ();
1;

Can you send me please a part of your Apache config file?

Thanks,

Pavel Ruzicka