[mrtg] Re: 14all.cgi speed problem

Pavel Ruzicka pavouk at k332.feld.cvut.cz
Wed Jan 24 10:33:38 MET 2007

> > I have problem with speed of 14all.cgi
> > Page with one interface is generated after 10-15 seconds.
> > I want 3-5 seconds max.
>
> Try one target in a separate config file.  This may also speed up
> the data gathering itself.

Thanks to all for advices.
Speed problem SOLVED !!!

Now I have mrtg.cfg separated to many small configs. One cfg per router.
Main mrtg.cfg has many Include: lines. I run only one mrtg for main config
file, but 14all.cgi script I call for every config file independently.
HTML page with pictures is now generated about 0.5-2 seconds.
This is acceptable for me, and I can increase number of routers/interfaces
without performance problem.
Now I have about 20 routers and 600 interfaces total.
My machine is Linux PPro180MHz.
In this configuration MRTG runs from cron for about 20 seconds.

I have shell script, that calls cfgmaker and generate all config files.
Now I work on Indexmaker.

Best regards,

Pavel Ruzicka