[mrtg] dynamic interface issue

Ross Tsolakidis Ross.Tsolakidis at day3.com.au
Fri Jan 5 23:49:44 MET 2007

Hi all,

I have an issue with a few of our routers that I'm monitoring.
The interface is a virtual interface, pptp interface.
Every time the interface goes down and comes up the config generates
errors due to the interface changing numbers.
Target[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx_1630]: 315:public at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:
So basically I need to manually go in and change the number next to
public (315) to match the new interface number for it to work again.
The Routers I'm monitoring are Mikrotiks (not sure if this makes any
difference).

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks.