[mrtg] mrtg error with mod_watch 3.18

Koelstra, J. (Jan) JKoelstra at MINSZW.NL
Mon Jan 29 17:38:01 CET 2007

Ethan,

What do you get when running the perlscript manualy? The result should be 4 lines. The first 2 lines should contain only the figures you want to graph.

HTH,

Jan.

-----Original Message-----
From: mrtg-bounces at lists.oetiker.ch [mailto:mrtg-bounces at lists.oetiker.ch] On Behalf Of Ethan Pierce
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2007 4:32 PM
To: mrtg at lists.oetiker.ch
Subject: [mrtg] mrtg error with mod_watch 3.18

Greetings MRTG list and thank you in advance for your assistance/suggestions.

I am using the latest stable MRTG v2.15.0 with no difficulties, its working great and I'm quite pleased with the results.  I was assigned a project of gathering traffic reports of all virtual domains hosted on a particular machine.  mod_watch seemed to be the only application that popped up in google, but apparently is not supported any longer/closed down by the developer.

With a bit of searching, I found the appropriate mod_watch version to go with a 1.3 apache server and have it working as it's supposed to.

When I call a domain.com/watch-info I get output like: www.domain.com 151082 0 155837158 20317 5168 1 2027.111 13141214 3086744356

ifName ifUptime ifInOctets ifOutOctets ifRequests ifDocuments ifActive ifOutRate

This data gets pulled into mrtg from mrtg.cfg with lines for each virtualhost as follows:

Title[www.domain.com]: www.domain.com Data Traffic
Target[www.domain.com]: `/usr/local/sbin/mod_watch.pl http://www.domain.com/watch-info`
MaxBytes[www.domain.com]: 1250000
PageTop[www.domain.com]: <h2><a href="http://www.domain.com/">www.domain.com</a> Data Traffic</h2>

Checking the mrtg.log, Im finding errors like this for domain.com:

2007-01-29 10:20:09 -- 2007-01-29 10:20:08: ERROR: Target[www.domain.com][_IN_] ' $target->[13]{$mode} ' did not eval into defined data 2007-01-29 10:20:09 -- 2007-01-29 10:20:08: ERROR: Target[www.domain.com][_OUT_] ' $target->[13]{$mode} ' did not eval into defined data

Any ideas?

Thank you kindly,

Ethan

Dit bericht kan informatie bevatten die niet voor u is bestemd. Indien u niet de geadresseerde bent of dit bericht abusievelijk aan u is toegezonden, wordt u verzocht dat aan de afzender te melden en het bericht te verwijderen. De staat aanvaardt geen aansprakelijkheid voor schade, van welke aard ook, die verband houdt met risico's verbonden aan het elektronisch verzenden van berichten.

This message may contain information that is not intended for you. If you are not the addressee or if this message was sent to you by mistake, you are requested to inform the sender and delete the message. The state accepts no liability for damage of any kind resulting from the risks inherent in the electronic transmission of messages.