[mrtg] mrtg-traffic-sum question

Ethan Pierce ethan.pierce at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 30 16:47:48 CET 2007

Hello mrtg list,

I am looking for a tool to get a report of all traffic for my targets
(specifically virtualhost targets from mod_watch data) on a monthly
basis.  The webpage mentioned mrtg-traffic-sum, which seems like it
could do the job.  I was hoping for output in MB instead of GB to
account for some smaller traffic sites.  I haven't been able to get any
results from the script yet, so I'm not sure what it can do.  A date
range option maybe?

Do I need to wait a full month before implimenting mrtg-traffic-sum?
It's looking at 11/30/2006-12/31/2006 when I run it today.  Can I run it
2/1 and get what has been collected for 1/2007-2/2007?

[root at www3
mrtg-2.15.0]# /usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/mrtg-traffic-sum /home/httpd/htdocs/mrtg/cfg/mrtg.cfg