[mrtg] Graphing 3rd data

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Jul 3 00:18:19 CEST 2007

MRTG will gather data for two, and only two, data values per Target.
You have a couple of choices.

1. Write your own frontend to display multiple targets in the same
graph.

2. Use routers2 as your frontend and define a userdefined graph over
multiple targets.  Routers2 also takes care of the 95th percentile
calculations for you, although it does not display these as a line in
the graph, yet.

Steve

I have been using MRTG to graph incoming and outgoing data points but
wondered how I might be able to plot a 3rd data point (95%ile) on the
same chart.  I have the script that runs the 95% computation and am able
to "display" the value but now want to plot it on the same PNG that MRTG
generates.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.