[mrtg] traffic not showing more than 930mbps on the link

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Wed Jul 18 18:02:24 CEST 2007

On Wed, 2007-07-18 at 01:16 -0700, reena SINGH wrote:
>  Dear all,
> i have configured the MRTG Server on the unix machine for multi
> routers. it shows the graph of each interfaces properly. i have
> aggreated some links also. it also show the traffic properly less than
> 930 mbps. but it not showing the traffic more than 930 mbps . it got
> saturated on 930 mbps when trafic goes more than 930mbps.
> i have tried for both SNMP v2 & v4.

mrtg has no support for snmp v4, whatever that might be.  Just 1, 2c,
and 3

>  for SNMP v2 traffic got saturated on 930 mbps, whereas with SNMP v4 i
> can not get the aggregated traffic.

When adding 5 interfaces like this, if there are roll-overs, mrtg can't
distinguish which individual counter is rolling over.  I can't imagine
this working properly.

Better would be to create 5 targets, then use routers2.cgi to create a
stacked graph meta-target.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281, CNX
Austin Energy