[mrtg] traffic not showing more than 930mbps on the link

reena SINGH reena_mmmec at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 21 12:08:10 CEST 2007

Dear all,
  Thanks Eric, Thanks Daniel . Now its working properly with snmp v2 . problem was in MaxBytes setting. By MaxBytes setting 125000000 i can get traffic upto 1000 megabits.
  MaxBytes[routers]: 125000000
  One thing more, we can aggregate more than 5 interfaces.
  Now can anybody suggest  me how to get more than 1000 megabits traffic on the link? Is it only depend on MaxBytes setting or i have to do some more configuration. what will be MaxBytes setting?

  Thanks in advance
  Reena Singh
  New Delhi, India.

  On 7/18/07, Daniel J McDonald <dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-07-18 at 01:16 -0700, reena SINGH wrote:
> >  Dear all,
> > i have configured the MRTG Server on the unix machine for multi
> > routers. it shows the graph of each interfaces properly. i have
> > aggreated some links also. it also show the traffic properly less
 than
> > 930 mbps. but it not showing the traffic more than 930 mbps . it
 got
> > saturated on 930 mbps when trafic goes more than 930mbps.
> > i have tried for both SNMP v2 & v4.
>
> mrtg has no support for snmp v4, whatever that might be.  Just 1, 2c,
> and 3
>
> >  for SNMP v2 traffic got saturated on 930 mbps, whereas with SNMP
 v4 i
> > can not get the aggregated traffic.
>
> When adding 5 interfaces like this, if there are roll-overs, mrtg
 can't
> distinguish which individual counter is rolling over.  I can't
 imagine
> this working properly.
>
> Better would be to create 5 targets, then use routers2.cgi to create
> stacked graph meta-target.

Reena,

In addition to what Daniel stated I jut wanted to add - Are you sure
the MaxBytes setting is correct? 125000000 is only 1000 megabits or
depending on how your conversion (kibi vs kilo) 953 megabits.