[mrtg] reg error monitoring

Wed Jun 20 17:35:49 CEST 2007

On 6/19/07, Mahesh Bharadwaj <mahesh.bharadwaj at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> We want to monitor specific interface errors (CRC, overflow errors....)for
> PIX and ASA device. But I couldn't find the OID's for the same . Has anyone
> deployed the same . PLease let me know if we have certain specific OID's.
>
> Thanks
> Mahesh

Interfaces on the PIX and ASA are no different than any other Cisco
device when it comes to monitoring the basic interface stats.

Here is an example of what I use:
Target[fwint1]: ifInErrors.1&ifOutErrors.1:community at ip.address
Options[fwint1]: growright, nobanner, nopercent, perminute
WithPeak[fwint1]: wmy
MaxBytes[fwint1]: 10000
AbsMax[fwint1]: 10000000
Colours[fwint1]: RED#cc0000,ORANGE#ff6600,DARK GREEN#006600,VIOLET#ff00ff
LegendI[fwint1]: Err/Min In:
LegendO[fwint1]: Err/Min Out:
YLegend[fwint1]: Errors/Minute
Legend1[fwint1]: Incoming Errors per Minute
Legend2[fwint1]: Outgoing Errors per Minute
Legend3[fwint1]: Peak 5 Minute Incoming Errors per Minute
Legend4[fwint1]: Peak 5 Minute Outgoing Errors per Minute
ShortLegend[fwint1]: &nbsp;
Title[fwint1]: Int OUTSIDE - Errors
SetEnv[fwint1]: MRTG_INT_DESCR="Int OUTSIDE  - Errors"
PageTop[fwint1]: Int OUTSIDE  - Errors

HTH,

Eric Brander