[mrtg] Fail to create SNMPv3 configuration file

Wong, Hon-Cheong Hon-Cheong.Wong at pccw.com
Wed Jun 27 05:27:28 CEST 2007

Dear all,

   Do anyone have experience to use SNMPv3 AuthNoPriv with cfgmaker to
create the MRTG configuration file.  I use the command

C:\mrtg-2.15.2\bin>Perl cfgmaker Venablesnmpv3 V-authprtotocol=md5
Vusername=NOC Vauthpassword=authpass Vsnmp-options=:::::3 10.1.1.1

  After the above command being executed, the message reply found to be

Undefined subroutine &main::snmpmapoid called at cfgmaker

   The snmpv3 configuration for the switch should be no problem as I can
read the SNMP data using OidView, any problem encountered in my procedure,
please advise

With Best Regards,

HC Wong

CASCADE Limited/Network Services/Broadband Operations

Tel No    :   (852) 2888 5292

Pager No  :   (852) 7100 9388

E-mail    :    hon-cheong.wong at pccw.com

This message (and any attachments) may contain information that is
confidential, proprietary, privileged or otherwise protected by law. The
message is intended solely for the named addressee (or a person responsible
for delivering it to the addressee). If you are not the intended recipient
of this message, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or
disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this
message in error, please destroy the message or delete it from your system
immediately and notify the sender.