[mrtg] index with no Labels

Danny Fuentes dannyf at cavecreek.net
Tue Mar 13 21:51:05 CET 2007

Good afternoon,

I recently upgraded from version 2.10.15	  to 2.15.1
<http://tobi.oetiker.ch/>

<http://www.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/> I am having some issues with the
interface descriptions showing up in the index page.
On the previous version I made the configs with the following lines
./cfgmaker --no-down --snmp-options=:::::2 snmp-string at device-name >
outputfile

then the index maker with

./indexmaker --section=descr outputfile >
/path/to/device/mrtg/index.html

With the old version the index displays the interface descript if there
is one set on the device. If no description was set it would just label
it with the interface name suck as FastEthernet 0/1

Now on this new version if there is a description listed on the device
it will parse it to the index page but if no description is set it will
just display a graph with no label at all. I've tried a few options on
cfgmaker such as --ifdesc=descr and --ifref=nr but I still can't get the
index to display the default interface name if no description is given
by the device.

Thank you all in advance.

--
Danny Fuentes