[mrtg] cfgmaker for SAN-Switches (Brocade)?

Stuart Kendrick skendric at fhcrc.org
Wed Mar 14 16:58:56 CET 2007

hi ewald,

that sounds like a good idea.  a more generalized cfgmaker, which could
take as input a pair of OIDs (like the ones you specify) and then walks
the switch producing a config file.  hmmph

i auto-generate all my MRTG config files, using in-house code
(http://www.skendric.com/trend/device/).  'build_fsx_config' takes a
list of Silkworms as input and produces an MRTG config file as output.
installing my code is a bit of a bear ... requires a ton of Perl
modules, plus willingness to edit the code itself (to insert your SNMP
RO string, for instance

i suppose i would have been smarter to have modified cfgmaker, per your
vision below, and then written some wrapper code.  but i didn't do this
-- i picked out the variables i wanted (see the sample graphs) and
hard-coded them into my script

--sk

stuart kendrick
fhcrc