[mrtg] Removing some spikes from older graphs

Volk,Gregory B greg.volk at edwardjones.com
Wed Mar 28 13:36:52 CEST 2007

The only way I know of to do this with .log files is to open up the file
in vi/notepad and manually page down through the file, find the bad data
point, and change it to zero or something. This kind of thing is a
little easier to fix with RRD files because you can dump the file to
XML, change the MAX value, and then restore it with range checking on.
If you set the MAX value below the spike, but above the typical
(correct) maximums, this will effectively chop anything above MAX out.