[mrtg] Why only ds0 and ds1?

Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET ml at t-b-o-h.net
Mon May 21 19:22:43 CEST 2007

Hi,

	I wrote my own program to fetch some information from a
source. I've always told the program to write out :

DATA ITEM 1
DATA ITEM 1
0
0
time() (Perl function)
hostmon-data (Not sure why, but <SHRUG>)

	I use MRTG to collect to RRD, and inhouse scripts to graph.
We would just graph ds0 and ds1 on top of each other since it was
a single item.

	Now I want to get crazy and do 3 items. I now write :

DATA ITEM 1
DATA ITEM 2
DATA ITEM 3
DATA ITEM 4
time() (Perl function)
hostmon-data

	When I look at the resultant file, I only am told I have
access to ds0 (DATA ITEM 1) and ds1 (DATA ITEM 2).

	What do I need to do to tell it I want the rest?

		Thanks, Tuc