[mrtg] Monitor Exchange 2003 related counters

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Wed May 23 05:47:43 CEST 2007

You can monitor exchage counters in several way.

We do it by installing the pNSclient or nsclient++ agent on the Exchange
box, then querying it using the mrtg-pnsclient.pl script (get from
steveshipway.org or included with routers2).  You can also do it via
SNMP if you install the perfMIB extensions (too much trouble for me).
These methods let you graph any perfmon counter at all, not just
exchange.

Steve

Is it possible to monitor and graph any Exchange 2003 related counters
with MRTG?
I am primarily thinking about SMTP Queue Length and maybe the amount of
messages and MegaBytes sent/received on a Routing Group Connector.