[mrtg] MRTG: A Few Questions

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Thu May 24 00:12:02 CEST 2007

1. Should be possible, if you get the target description to be pulled
form the port number.  If using routers2 as frontend, you can use the
ifstatus plugin to get this information on the fly.

2. If you have the routers2 frontend version 2.18beta2 or later, then
you get a mouse-over popup which gives the values at a given point in
time, provided you enable this in the config file.  I don't know of any
other MRTG add-on which does this.

3, You need to make sure the SNMP_Session perl module is in the perl
path.  This is mart of MRTG but it is normally in the MRTG lib and so
not available to other scripts.  Maybe copy it to your site_perl
directory /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl, but if you do so, watch out for
upgrade issues.

Steve

1. I would like the cfg file, which is generated through the cfgmaker
utility to give information on switch ports. Like it should tell whether
a port on a particular switch is Gig1/1, Fa2/3 or Fa5/4 etc.

2.  I would like to have the feature that enables me to move my cursor
over the traffic graph and shows a vertical bar that tells you how much
data traveled through a device at a particular time.

3. I downloaded a perl script called 'Cammer.pl' that scans the ports of
switch or a router and gives you the information about the port mac
address and the machine which is connected to that particular port. I
tried running it, but I am always landing up with this error:

$> perl cammer.pl <snmp_community>@router.id

Can't locate SNMP_Session.pm in @INC (@INC contains: //../lib/mrtg2 /
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl .) at
cammer.pl line 44.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at cammer.pl line 44

$> locate SNMP_Session.pm

/usr/bin/SNMP_Session.pm
/usr/lib/mrtg2/SNMP_Session.pm
/usr/local/src/mrtg/lib/mrtg2/SNMP_Session.pm
/usr/local/mrtg-2/lib/mrtg2/SNMP_Session.pm

How can I overcome this problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Add some color. Personalize your inbox with your favorite colors. Try
it!