[mrtg] Logscale and MaxBytes help

Max (MRTG list) Max.mrtg at DELTAL.ORG
Sun May 27 19:45:35 CEST 2007

Hi,

I prefer to use logscale with my graphs, as sometimes there is hardly
any traffic, sometimes there is a lot, and the log scale makes it a lot
easier for me to tell what is happening.

The problem is that I want to have a group of mrtg graphs keep the same
log scale so that I can compare them all at a glance easily without
checking the scales.

I thought that setting MaxBytes all to the same number and then haveing
Unscaled set would work, but if any of the interfaces go over MaxBytes
then they report zero, which throws off the graph.

I then tried MaxBytes, but also put AbsMax with the real maximum of the
interface, but now if the data rate goes over MaxBytes but stays within
AbsMax, then it reports the high value again.

its possible I have gotten something wrong, but I think I have them set
up right.

Is there any way to either set the scale when using logscale, or a way
of telling mrtg to report any value above MaxBytes as MaxBytes rather
than a false/zero reading?

Hope somebody can help.  Sorry for what is probably a newbie question.

Max.