[mrtg] CfgMaker: Target Naming Convention?

Dan Mahoney, System Admin danm at prime.gushi.org
Fri Nov 9 21:53:58 CET 2007

On Thu, 8 Nov 2007, Daniel J McDonald wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-11-08 at 16:46 -0500, Dan Mahoney, System Admin wrote:
>> Hey all,
>>
>> We would like to create entries like this with cfgmaker:
>>
>> Target[a-1-1]: 1:public at 192.168.1.66:
>
>> I suppose I could do this with something complex like the --if-template
>> option, but wouldn't it be easier to just have cfgmaker have a
>> --target-name="a-1" option?
>
> No, using if-templates would be by far the easiest way to deal with
> this.

Which begs the next question (or two)

1) Can the if-templates take arguments?  I essentially just want a
standard cfgmaker output, with simple target renames, but with an argument
specified on the cfgmaker command line (i.e. I don't want the if-template
to have to run code to figure out which interface we're trying to graph
here).

and, more importantly:

2) Where are these under-development, experimental things, documented, at
all?  Are there any examples?  I had a quick look over mrtg.org but didn't
see anything incredibly standing-out.

-Dan

> --
> Daniel J McDonald, CCIE #2495, CISSP #78281, CNX
> Austin Energy
> http://www.austinenergy.com

"...Somebody fed you sugar.  Shit!"

--Tracy, after noticing Gatorade on my desk.

Ezzi Computers, October 18th 2003
Approx 11PM