[mrtg] PNG File Names

Mon Nov 26 21:07:15 CET 2007

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 13:35:37 -0600
"Joe Reinhart" <joer at conxxus.com> wrote:

> How can I change the names of the .PNG files so that I can easily
> differentiate between interfaces?  For example, one of the file names
> now is 10.0.11.2_1-day.png and i would like it to be called
> 10.0.11.2_radio-day.png.  Any suggestions?

I have variables like this:

PNGTitle[eth0]: traffic eth0

gives:

ls *eth0*
eth0-day.png    eth0-week.png  eth0.html  eth0.old
eth0-month.png  eth0-year.png  eth0.log

The name between the [] of the variables is also the name of the files
AFAIK.

So you must have something like:

[..]
PNGTitle[10.0.11.2_1-day]: traffic eth0
MaxBytes[10.0.11.2_1-day]: 250000
Title[10.0.11.2_1-day]: internet
[..]

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak
aloud and remove all doubt.