[mrtg] multiple cfg, single (correctly sorted) index

Felbinger, Tom Tom.Felbinger at tekelec.com
Thu Nov 29 19:15:35 CET 2007

Hi Folks,

For some time, we've collected the default ifInOctets/ifOutOctets for
each switch port and put them onto a single index page.

Recently, we started collecting ifInDiscards/ifOutDiscards for each
switch port and also put them onto a single (separate) index page.

We'd like to combine the 2 index pages onto a single index page where we
essentially have 2 columns.  One for ifOctets, the other for ifDiscards,
and each row would be a switchport interface.

I know indexmaker will accept multiple .cfg files.  I've also tried
sorting using the various --sort options, but have not yet found the
format I'm looking for.  The option --sort=name is closest, but that
sort is not the order I'd prefer.  That is, target_100 comes before
target_4.

I'm guessing I may need to merge (by target) the 2 .cfg files, but that
doesn't seem very easy.

Any thoughts/suggestions???

Thanks!!!

Tom