[mrtg] Need Help Urgently

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Oct 3 01:22:03 CEST 2007

>I need to use MRTG with some traffic analyzers to capture
>SQL server traffic to/from the Domain Controller.

At least you have traffic analysers.  This is usually the bit which stops people.

1. Install MRTG and make sure it is working.
2. Configure your analysers to track the SQL server traffic.
3. Identify the OID to monitor via SNMP on the analysers that corresponds to the configuration you did in (2)
4. Create a MRTG config file to monitor the OID from (3)
5. Look at the graphs.

1 and 4 : www.mrtg.org
2 and 3 : Documentation from whoever makes the analysers
5 : You can work this out on your own

Steve