[mrtg] graphing boolean value

DA Forsyth iwrtech at iwr.ru.ac.za
Wed Oct 3 10:28:45 CEST 2007

Hiya

I'm just wondering if there is a way (without routers2.cgi :-) to
scale a graph for a 0/1 boolean value using rateup.
At the moment the graph always scales to max of 4 on the Y axis, yet
the Maxbytes is 1 and will never be exceeded, so there is a big chunk
of unused graph.

For the moment I am multiplying by 4 to fill the graph up but I'd
like to know if I've missed some option that would set the vertical
scale correctly.

and yes I'm stuck on rateup for this graph as all 4 in the .cfg must
use it, in particular the first target because then the html displays
the 'uptime' and 'name' values returned by the script, which are
returning diagnostic information I want to see.

--
       DA Fo rsyth            Network Supervisor
Principal Technical Officer -- Institute for Water Research