[mrtg] Monitoring multiprocessor system

DA Forsyth iwrtech at iwr.ru.ac.za
Fri Oct 12 15:19:37 CEST 2007

On 12 Oct 2007 , ravindra verma entreated about
 "Re: [mrtg] Monitoring multiprocessor system":

> Hi Brian,
>
> thanks for your response.
> Yes it is Net-SNMP (net-snmp-5.0.9-2.30E.20)
> I think I need to have *net*-*snmp*-*5.4* *to get the multiprocessor snmp
> info.
> http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/FAQ:Agent_34

you can also extend net-snmp by giving it scripts that it can run
that supply the values you want.  if there is anything you can run on
the box that will give you the stats you want, you can supply that to
snmp, and thus mrtg can grab the values remotely.    it is all in the
snmp manual, and just takes a few lines in the conf file, and some
messing with snmpwalk to find the OIDs you need.

--
       DA Fo rsyth            Network Supervisor
Principal Technical Officer -- Institute for Water Research