[mrtg] MRTG Template to monitor Linux Server

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Oct 15 05:10:14 CEST 2007

If you look in the latest routers2 package, there is a cfgmaker_host.pl
script in the extras directory.  This does a fair attempt at generating
passable MRTG .cfg files for SNMP-enabled hosts (linux, sun, aix,
windows...).  It is not perfect, but it does pretty well.

Steve

From: mrtg-bounces at lists.oetiker.ch
[mailto:mrtg-bounces at lists.oetiker.ch] On Behalf Of Cook, Garry

Anyone have a quick and dirty template to monitor Linux servers via
MRTG? I have templates setup for my routers and switches, but have a few
servers that need to be monitored as well. I'm looking for things like
CPU usage, Packet Rate, and Hard Drive space. I used to have one, but
can't locate it now. I've consulted The Google and believe it or else I
haven't found anything useful.