[mrtg] Installing MTRG

Stefano Giraldo stefano at neotokyo3.it
Wed Oct 24 00:25:50 CEST 2007

Try to become root...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pili Muñoz Gargallo" <mugnoz.pilar at gmail.com>
To: <mrtg at lists.oetiker.ch>
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2007 12:17 PM
Subject: [mrtg] Installing MTRG

Good Morning,
my name is Pilar and i would need some help for installing MRTG.
I am ashamed to recognize that I wasn't be able to install zlib.

what happens is:

crowd at esquina:/usr/local/src$  wget
http://www.gzip.org/zlib/zlib-1.1.4.tar.gz
--12:09:30--  http://www.gzip.org/zlib/zlib-1.1.4.tar.gz
           => `zlib-1.1.4.tar.gz'
Resolviendo www.gzip.org... 213.91.2.150
Conectando a www.gzip.org|213.91.2.150|:80... conectado.
Petición HTTP enviada, esperando respuesta... 200 OK
Longitud: 181,144 (177K) [application/x-gzip]
zlib-1.1.4.tar.gz: Permiso denegado

No se puede escribir en `zlib-1.1.4.tar.gz' (Permiso denegado).

it means like access denied. You may think that is a silly question or
something like that, but it 's now when i am starting working on linux
operating system and i don't know if it is an standard error or i am doing
something wrong.

Thank you very much for your time

PIli

I should apologize for my non-fluent englishint he case i had made mistakes