[mrtg] graph Cisco total users

Gaurav Ghimire gaurav at subisu.net.np
Fri Oct 26 16:35:36 CEST 2007

> Does anyone know how to graph the total users in a Cisco? Is there an
> OID that returns this? We terminate our DSL into a Cisco and I would
> like to keep track of the total online users. Show users spits out a
> list of users but not the total number. Show caller summary displays a
> line by line summary of "calls" and unique users logged in but I don't
> know how to write a script to pull that info and then integrate into
> MRTG. Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Dylan

well what i would say is first search cisco database for the particular
OID or else just write a script that will snmpwalk that particular OID and
do a line count....[up to you] the number of lines and a few target
arithmetic will give u the number of users i guess....do it for two times
in the script or poll it twice in the configuration's target...u will have
the required integers....

Best of Luck