[mrtg] mrtg.log shows constant value, but myvar.log/graphs show spurious 0s

DA Forsyth iwrtech at iwr.ru.ac.za
Wed Sep 5 08:43:52 CEST 2007

On 4 Sep 2007 , Kelly Jones entreated about
 "[mrtg] mrtg.log shows constant value,	but myvar.l":

> I'm hourly monitoring a gauge variable (host9-disk) using rateup (not
> rrdtool) that's always close to 2594 w/ a ThreshMinI of 500. mrtg.log
> confirms the variable stays near 2594, but:

> % Does setting "Interval: 60" break things? The host9-disk.log file
> still seems to update every 5m, not every 60m? Is that causing a
> problem? Can I fix it?

not in my experience, but you do need to call that .cfg once an hour
if you set it to 60 (ie setting the Interval does not automatically
make mrtg call it once an hour).  I'm using 15 and 30 minute
intervals without any trouble, using cron to call mrtg for those
.cfgs (it also does my 5 minute stuff)

--
       DA Fo rsyth            Network Supervisor
Principal Technical Officer -- Institute for Water Research