[mrtg] mrtg.log shows constant value, but myvar.log/graphs show spurious 0s

DA Forsyth iwrtech at iwr.ru.ac.za
Thu Sep 6 17:09:54 CEST 2007

On 6 Sep 2007 , Kelly Jones entreated about
 "Re: [mrtg] mrtg.log shows constant value, but myv":

> > > causing a problem? Can I fix it?
> >
> > not in my experience, but you do need to call that .cfg once an hour
> > if you set it to 60 (ie setting the Interval does not automatically
> > make mrtg call it once an hour).  I'm using 15 and 30 minute
> > intervals without any trouble, using cron to call mrtg for those
> > .cfgs (it also does my 5 minute stuff)
>
> I'm running mrtg daemonized:
>
> RunAsDaemon: Yes
>
> Does that not work w/ intervals of more than 5m?

I believe so, but I've never tried it.  However it strikes me that
mixing intervals in the same daemon mode mrtg may not work.
Are you starting a separate instance for the hourly one?

--
       DA Fo rsyth            Network Supervisor
Principal Technical Officer -- Institute for Water Research